Dental checkups consist of so much more than just cleaning your teeth. During a dental checkup, the dentist will examine your teeth, gums, bite, restorations as well as neck, throat, and facial irregularities.
What to Expect During the Hygiene Visit?
- If you are a new patient at our dental office, we will start with taking digital x-rays. This will provide us with diagnostic material so we could provide our patients with a comprehensive dental examination.
- We will conduct an oral cancer screening along with an examination for oral signs of other serious illnesses like heart disease, cancer, and diabetes.
- We will conduct a thorough examination of your teeth for possible new & recurrent decay. If such is detected, you will be given suitable treatment options.
- If any dental tooth decay is detected appropriate treatment is done which is decided based on the severity. We will also help you with an appropriate diet and oral hygiene habits that will help you prevent tooth decay in the future.
- Our dentist will conduct a periodontal exam and evaluate your gums for the signs of gum disease by measuring periodontal pockets with a probe.
- If any brown stains are present in your mouth, we will conduct the scaling, which is also known as the general dental cleaning. The dentist will gently clean the teeth, polish the teeth, and remove stains, plaque, and tartar. Additionally, the dentist will assess your need for fluorides.
Our hygienists are trained to administer local anesthesia if needed to eliminate pain and discomfort during the treatment.
Regular dental visits will help save your teeth from current dental issues, prevent future problems, provide guidance on proper dental hygiene, help with related issues, treat bad breath, and have a good smile. We will try our best to protect your dental health and maintain healthy lifestyles by educating the patients.